Cloud Migration provides 81% IT cost savings - Case
Fira Barcelona (FB), one of the most important trade fair institutions in Europe and headquarters of the Mobile World Congress among other large-scale international events, migrated their infrastructure to a Cloud model. It allowed FB to reach the necessary availability during their many highly-concurred international events. At the same time, infrastructure and operating costs were reduced by 81%.
Fira Barcelona organizes and provides service for 50+ events with international projection. Acceleration of time-to-market, agility, and flexibility were required in its infrastructure, adjusting the operating costs and offering a highly-available service that can withstand large attendance peaks in critical periods of time (the MWC hosts more than 1M+ users from all over the world distributed only in 4 days).
A cloud service migration with scalable, flexible and global architecture model designed by Opentrends to unlock all AWS PaaS potential:
- Scalability and flexibility -focus through a layer of microservices (SDA) in Docker, unfolded in Elastic Container Service.
- Unified authentication for all sites and APIs (CAS).
- Development environment based on CI tools, to facilitate productivity.
- CloudFront to distribute static content in S3 with low latency for our clients.
- Serverless: To be flexible without a need to supply or manage servers.
- Analytics based on Kinesis and Redshift, allow a 360º view of the Client.
- Real-time monitoring of service key indicators in order to assure the architecture scalability; including dashboards, alarms, and logs.
- 81% Cost reduction compared to the initial on-premise scenario (this saving allowed to improve the initial estimation by the AWS’s TCO calculation tool up to 34%).
- Guarantee the correct applications and systems of Fira de Barcelona's business needs.
- Provision of a controlled framework for the project providers.
- Improvement of new developments' efficiency and quicker time-to-market.
- Minimization of recurring tasks and maintenance efforts.
- Operating system costs reduction.
Optimization: we help our clients save costs, and improve the scalability, security and performance of their infrastructures thanks to our optimization techniques.
Pragmatic solutions: our cloud strategy framework follows a quick-wins approach, and allows to trace the investment. We offer cloud-native architectures that accelerate processes.
Experience: we provide a sum of constantly validated practical improvements in migration, cloud-native developments and DevOps managed operations, all backed by our experience.
If you also want to be a success story, contact us with the button below.